Proposal for SLV Broadband Services Manager and Broadband
Community Relations Manager
The San Luis Valley Council of Governments requests proposals from qualified individuals or firms for the position of San Luis Valley Broadband Services Manager. This individual/firm will report directly to the SLV COG Broadband Technical Steering Committee and SLVCOG Executive Board as contractors and will be considered for contract renewal on an annual basis.
The Broadband Services Manager will oversee the buildout of regional broadband enhancement within Colorado Planning Region 8 by pre-approved broadband projects, work closely with individual Internet Service Providers (ISPs), and track all aspects of deployed facilities using a network/fiber tracking tool. The candidate should possess a solid understanding and working knowledge of broadband and wide-area networks (WAN), and internet technology.
Housed within San Luis Valley Council of Governments, these individuals/firms will work together to develop projects using a community-driven process:
● Identify short and long-range projects, with emphasis on those that will expand access to the
region’s most geographically isolated and underserved communities;
● Arrange meetings with ISPs and broadband stakeholders and attend meetings locally or
regionally as needed;
● Generate revenue sources to sustain broadband management and possible projects, including
coordinating the preparation of broadband grant applications;
● Work with the SLV RLC to lead public outreach and education, identify local community
champions, and create community feedback processes;
● Center regional broadband efforts using a digital equity lens.
The RFP and more information are found at the links below. Please review these documents.
SLV Regional Broadband Services Manager RFP
SLV Community Outreach Vision Statement – San Luis Valley Regional Broadband Collaborative
SLV Community Outreach – Broadband Presentation